Recipe for Potato Soup with Garlic Scapes and Chard
From Ann Flanagan
I had never used garlic scapes before but they are yummy in this soup.
5-6 garlic scapes with flower tips removed and cut into 1″ lengths
3 medium russett potatoes, diced with skins left on
one small bunch swiss chard with ribs removed and chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
5 cups of homemade chicken broth
1/6 to 1/4 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
salt and pepper to taste
- heat oil in a medium to large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic scapes and saute for 2 min. Add diced potato and saute another 2 min.
- Add broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork, they should be soft. Add chard and salt and pepper to taste. Cook another 5 min.
- Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender leaving a few lumps.
- Stir in the yogurt. Ladle into bowls. Can be topped with more pepper, shredded cheddar cheese or crumbled bacon.