“It is impossible to write without apparently throwing oneself helplessly open.”
Spend a private hour in Herman Melville’s study soaking in the literary atmosphere in the place he penned his masterpiece, Moby-Dick and other creative works including Bartleby the Scrivener, Benito Cereno, Pierre, The Confidence Man, and I and My Chimney.
Writers and creatives, we invite you to “take one business squint and fall to it with a will!” This inspiring experience is sure to jumpstart your creative endeavor and stay with you long after you leave.
Participants may spend up to two hours in the study at Melville’s table with its the inspiring view of Mt. Greylock. Paper and pencil are provided for you or bring your own.
- Photo ID must be presented upon arrival for your session and a photocopy will be made, which will be destroyed after your session.
- The door to the study will remain open, and staff will be present. Participants must remain in the designated area of the historic room. Participants may not touch the historic furnishings.
- Bags, food, and beverages must be left in the orientation room.
- No pens, inks, or paints permitted. Pencil and paper or laptop only. Other materials may be approved by special request in advance.
- Photography for non-commercial, personal use is permitted.
- Sessions will not be rescheduled or refunded after booking except in the case of an emergency. Refunding and rescheduling are at the discretion of Arrowhead management.
- A signed waiver will be required.
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
Registration is currently available for sessions June – October 2023. Sessions are offered on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Limited availability.
1 person for one hour: $300
1 person for 2 hours: $500
2 people for 1 hour: $400
2 people for 2 hours: $600
To register email firstname.lastname@example.org.