Rivard at Eaton Crane and Pike 1918

Photo Exhibits at U.S. Post Office

Stop by the Pittsfield Post Office to see two small exhibits. “Made in Berkshire: Papermaking at Eaton, Crane and Pike” focuses on this large company in the years 1917-1918.  At…More

In front of Arrowhead, ca. 1870

Annual Meeting May 6

The Annual Meeting of the Berkshire County Historical Society will be held on May 6 at the Pittsfield Country Club, former home of Herman Melville’s uncle Thomas.  Details to follow.


The Melville Trail

The Melville Trail highlights twelve Berkshire sites that either were important to Melville or are repositories of information about Melville and his life. The sites are Arrowhead, Pontoosuc Lake, the…More


Poetry Workshop

Poetry Workshop: A group of carefully selected poets is meeting monthly at Arrowhead, using a series of challenges to create new works. The hope is that a chapbook of new…More

Translate »